AEM WebDAV : Upload Media Files to CQ Server from Desktop
AEM WebDAV is a protocol used for transferring media content to CQ server. WebDAV allow developers to display and edit the repository content, WebDAV gives direct access to the content repository through your desktop.
In this tutorial we will learn how to a upload image to AEM server repository on Network drive and local drive using WebDAV.
Steps to upload files to AEM server using webdav protocol in windows 10:-
In case of windows 10 , you might need to update your windows registry:-
- Open regedit.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters.
- Go to “BasicAuthLevel”
- Change key value to “2”. If not present then create a subkey by name BasicAuthLevel.
- Restart your windows machine.
Follow below steps to map webdav for aem:-
- Open Explorer window.
- Select This PC –> Computer –> Map network drive.
- Under map drive dialog. Enter Drive letter and server host and port name as shown below. Remember to select checkbox for “Connect using different credentials”.
- Click on Finish.
- Enter user credentials for login into aem.
- Click OK. Once connected It will Map your crx repository with windows file structure.
Steps to upload files to AEM server using webdav protocol of netdrive in windows 7:-
I have found out on internet that Windows 7 64-bit does not support mapping a WebDAV resource . So, in this tutorial we will see how to configure WebDAV in Windows 7. I am using free version of netdrive software to upload content to CQ server.
- Download NetDrive from internet.
- Install NetDrive on your computer and restart the machine.
- Open NetDrive, scroll to bottom and click on setting icon of WebDAV.
- For connecting to local drive means if server running on localhost. Click setting tab enter below details.
- For connecting to Network drive means if server running on localhost. Click setting tab enter below details.
- Save the details
- Click connect button. your local/network repository will popup as shown below.
- Go to appropriate folder and upload the images.
Leave a Reply